CryoPen Skin Tag Removal In Newton & Boston
The CryoPen™ is a skincare treatment that uses cryotherapy. As the name suggests, cryotherapy is a treatment that uses extreme cold to treat the skin. Liquid nitrous oxide quickly freezes an area of the skin to make it easier to remove a blemish like a skin tag. CryoPen, delivers a small amount of liquid to an area of skin to make blemishes easy to quickly remove.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION AT ONE OF OUR OFFICES:
What Blemishes Can CryoPen Help Remove?
CryoPen treatments are an ideal solution for handling cosmetic skin belmishes. This includes pigmented spots, harmless moles, warts, & skin tags. Cryotherapy is recommended by many dermatologists as a great solution for both moles and skin tags. The skin is safely frozen which makes it easy to remove without causing damage to the rest of the area.
Benefits of Cryotherapy Treatments
Cryotherapy has many benefits including the following:
- Speed: Cryotherapy is a quick treatment that can be done in a matter of minutes.
- Discomfort/Downtime: Patients report feeling little to no pain or discomfort during or after their treatment. The treatment also has little to no downtime or recovery. There is no incision, bleeding, or risk of infection.
- Results: Patients can expect great results from CryoPen treatments.
Pre & Post Treatment Information About CryoPen & Cryotherapy
Before your treatment you should avoid the following:
- Do not use exfoliating acids or physical exfoliants (i.e. scrubs) in the treatment area for at least 2 days before the treatment.
- Do not apply fake tan to the treatment area within 2 weeks of the treatment.
- Do not receive laser hair removal or skin rejuvenation treatments near the treatment area within 1 week of the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cryopen
Skin tags are a small growth of skin that can stick out or protrude from the body. They are often the same color as the surrounding skin. They are usually harmless and are purely a cosmetic issue. They can be easily removed using CryoPen.
Cryotherapy is a treatment that utilizes liquid nitrous oxide to freeze skin for the removal of blemishes. The process is referred to as cryo-necrosis, as it kills the skin cells by freezing them.
There are many common blemishes that can be treated including lentigos, dermatofibromas, hemangiomas, seborrheic keratosis, actinic keratosis, skin tags, warts, and some moles. Simply put, benign skin infections and blemishes can be removed using this treatment.
Melanomas and recurring carcionmas, should not be removed. As these are often tied to skin care, it is recommended that you see a dermatologist to discuss either of these types of blemishes or lesions.